Monday, March 06, 2006

Open Apology

I would just like to take a brief moment to apologize to anyone I may have offended in the past by squealing "Gross!", squishing up my face, making retching noises, or clasping my hands to my throat and feigning death at the mention of the word lox.

A good friend of mine invited me over for brunch on Sunday, and I am not sure if it was technically lox, but the seasoned salmon cream cheese spread we had on 12-grain toasted bagels was awesome! Ignoramus that I am, I alway pictured lox as being whole fish like anchovies, complete with eyeballs glaring back at you, on top of cream cheese and a bagel.

I love visiting with J-- her apartment has a such an international flavor. She's Jewish and grew up in New York City and married a French guy. I have never been to France, but if it involves lox, fresh pears, strong coffee, and a giggling baby-- then I am totally up for it!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I do not like lox, Sam I Am,
I will not eat it with a Lamb.
I will not eat them on a boat.
I will not eat lox with a goat.

Try it! Just once, then you'll see.
Sam I am, just let it be.

Sorry....in Honor of Dr. Seuss.

Chris
My Blog