Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tempests

Right now as I sit in the living room the wind is howling. The leaves outside are blowing by almost horizontally. The air is rushing so quickly through the chimney cap that it sounds like a tea kettle. It has been cloudy and rainy all week and it gets dark very early in the evening. If you look outside, the sky is completely dark, but for a thinner strip of blue in the west. It's not that the sun isn't there-- we are just being completely smothered from daylight by clouds.

This morning I watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". The movie is about a character who attempts to erase the memories of his ex-girlfriend. The movie got me thinking about memories and how much time we take for granted. When we think about our past, why is it that only certain days are remembered? I can remember certain highs and lows during my lifetime, but what is it about the bulk of my days on this planet that aren't worth remembering?

----------

Last night I went to a Halloween party with one of the other interns. I dressed as Paris Hilton by wearing very trampish clothing over a skelton costume.


Complete with her dog, Tinkerbell:


The night was uneventful and there were only about 10 people there, half of whom my friend wasn't on good speaking terms with-- which made for an awkward night. I definitely need to work on meeting more people outside of the hospital.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I thought Paris only had one pose:) And where are the videos of the car wreck later in the evening?

I won't even go into the "unauthorized videos", ha ha.

Anonymous said...

very trampy and campy. tres bien!

Anonymous said...

very.... interesting costume!!! :) I need to make myself one next year.

Anonymous said...

you could always talk to your dog