Sunday, July 30, 2006

Saturday Stroll

Yesterday, I went out with the parents in search of a local hiking trail one of the nurses in the department had told me about. Ironically, it turned out to be the exact same place that Ru and I had stumbled upon a month before! However, this time we didn't lose the trail, and there was no torrential storm to send us scrambling back to the car. The hike ended at an old fire tower, which provided a better view of a chain of small lakes obscured by the dense pines. Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced my USB camera cable, so I'll have to post the pictures later. After our hike, we stopped for homemade fudge and dinner at a restaurant I definitely can't afford.

I have decided that I like having houseguests. Yesterday morning started out with coffee and omlets made-to-order. I also discovered that in my absence, my mom had weeded the entire length of my flowerbed out front! Other than having to remember what it's like to wait for the bathroom in a one-bathroom house, it's been great having them around. Today they left for a few days to explore the area on their own while I work some overnight shifts. I am sure the house will seem quite empty when they leave next weekend.

2 comments:

Chris said...

That is so sweet of you to admit you are going to miss them. You rock, Kate. I am sure your parents do too.

Anonymous said...

I'll be glad to have your parents over any time:) That's cool you and your parents had a good time. In spite of the creepy Lutherans.