Monday, June 25, 2007

Anniversary

Ok, so this entry is a little off. I arrived here with my friend, Ru, June 22nd last year. So much has happened here since that long, frantic drive. I remember closing on the house on the 23rd. On the 26th, I started orientation at the hospital.

Today the new interns are starting orientation, and they will be in the department next week. We are having a welcome party for them this evening. It has gone by in such a blur. If it weren't for this blog, I wouldn't be able to tell you what I was doing most of this past year. Names and faces of patients have long been forgotten. I am glad to be able to look back on bits and pieces of what I was experiencing here.

This coming year brings new responsibilities. Most of the time I will actually be in the Emergency Department, with helpful nurses and clerks that I already know. So much of last year was learning how each service did things, and I won't have to deal with that any more. Now it's time to buckle down and start carrying more patients. In our department, the second years see the bulk of the patients as the third years are busy precepting medical students and interns. While it will definitely be busy, at least I will be doing things that are relevant to my career.


1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey! Congratulations Kate! I know how you feel about the blog or journal....it amazes me how many details of my life I have forgotten even in the short term. If I hadn't written it down, it would have been lost forever!