Sunday, December 10, 2006

More Merriment

The workplace Holiday Drinkathon was last night. Open bar, chocolate fountain, assorted fried appetizers, the usual things. I think this one was restricted to residents, attendings, and their families. Afterwards, we went to a bar, and after that to Denny's. I can't remember the last time I stayed out until 2 am. Only a few unpleasant remarks were exchanged here and there, hopefully soothed by alcohol. McNeedy was making unintelligable statements to the higher-ups and my buddy and I tried to steer her away, but perhaps weren't quick enough. Oddly enough, she wasn't drinking at the time.

I'm not really sure what the logic is behind getting a large group of coworkers together and supplying them with alcohol. I know that these parties happen all across America, but unlimited amounts of alcohol with one's coworkers just seems like a recipe for trouble. It seems like a bad formula to me, but the drinks were tasty!

No comments: