Friday, August 24, 2007

Sinking to New Depths

Recently, I enrolled in an Open Water SCUBA Diving Course. Fortunately, I am able to do all of the bookwork and quizzes online, needing only to visit a small dive shop for actual pool time and my dives. Today, I got into the pool for the first time. At first there was a little awkwardness, but once I was comfortable that I could in fact breathe under water, it all went pretty well. I have to return next week to finish up my pool skills, but I am lucky to have found a program that works around my schedule! Once you get certified, your card is good for life. The plan is to meet up with "The Phoenix" later this year for another awesome vacation adventure.

----------

Tonight I tried to make some brownies in honor of Ru coming in to town. They were just from a box, so it didn't require much effort on my part. My kitchen was smelling wonderful. The timer went off, and I expected to open the oven door to perfectly gooey brownies. Instead, I found a square pan of chocolate with a layer of oil boiling on top. Apparently, I forgot to mix in the eggs! Leave it to me to forget one of three required ingredients in a pre-mixed recipe and screw it up! The whole oil brownie brick went straight into the garbage.


1 comment:

Chris said...

Have I ever mentioned how envious I am of you?

I guess I should clarify....envious of your fun adventures...not your cooking skills:)

I would love to go diving one day. I need to put it on my list!