Saturday, August 19, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Yesterday, my plans were to wake up early and start priming and painting the deck. However, instead of hitting snooze on my alarm clock, I must have turned it off. Instead of getting up just after 8 am, I woke up at 12:45 pm! I was able to get primer on about 1/3 of the railing, but that took forever. These projects always take tons more time than I expect. I did wake up at 8 this morning, but it had already started raining, so it looks like the deck project will have to wait for another day off.

Last night, we had dinner at one of the other intern's homes. I was supposed to host a poker night tonight, but instead we played poker last night after dinner. I did much better this time, and lasted a little bit longer. However, I left at 1:45 am and three of the guys were still going. I'm curious to see who ended up with all the dough, as this time we had a $10 buy-in.

Tomorrow there's a party at our department chair's lake house. I've only met him once before, and the forecast says more rain ahead, but since we interns dodged the last departmental function, we're all going to this one in full force.

Sometimes I want to just stay in bed and turn off the phone, but at the same time I don't want to be the hermit out of the crew. I like being around people most of the time, but every now and then I just don't want to talk to anybody.

----------
On a separate note, we will soon be conducting a study on the safety of taser guns. One of the researchers leaked it to me that participants will be paid $150 to be tasered. I asked him if female interns could sign up, and he just looked at me like I was crazy. I know it hurts, but how long could the pain last? Anyway, it sounds like they won't be using female test subjects for this study, so I guess I'm out of luck.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Awwww, don't be disappointed. If you can't do the taser, just go lick an outlet:)

I know what you mean about being the hermit. I can be very social but sometimes I REALLY HATE big gatherings.

Good luck.

Oh yeah.....ZAP!


Chris
My Blog