Thursday, June 22, 2006

Addendum

I was exhausted at the time of my last post. Here's a couple things I forgot:

1. I had a lot of fun hanging out with Ru's friend, Sarah, and her family. While we were visiting The Garden of the Gods, Their 3 year-old entertained us greatly as when she heard that one of the rock formations was called "The Sleeping Giant" she insisted on us speaking in quiet voices so as not to wake him up. Seriously though, a good time was had by all, and after our walk, we all went out for ice cream cones.

2. Driving in Kansas is like driving in an extremely long wind tunnel. The truck swayed all over the place, and I didn't think too much of it until I saw that the birds that were trying to fly against the wind weren't making any progress.

3. If you want a more detailed description of our trek, you can read about it at Ru's website.

4. It's bedtime! We finally arrived at our destination today, and tomorrow the fun begins with meeting up with all of the lawyers for closing on the house, unloading the truck, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can still hear road noise in my head. Thank God for your Ipod; what would we have done if we had to listen to farm reports all the way through Kansas?