1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I sold my house, and took my Emergency Medicine boards.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
It doesn’t look like I made any last year, but this year I am going to shoot for being fitter, smarter, stronger, and a better cook.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I can think of 5 friends with new babies this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
St. Lucia and Canada
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
My soon-to-be husband around on a daily basis!
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
End of residency- June 30, 2009.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating and starting my first full-time EM job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm, judging from the tightness of these jeans, I would have to say not keeping up with my running/exercise.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I broke my toe, although I think it was technically just before New Year’s Day, and currently I am on day 13 of this stupid cold.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new car (it has heated seats!), although my iPhone runs a very close second.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hmm… I would have to say AG’s. He’s been sleeping on a cot and getting shot at on a daily basis, and somehow remains positive.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
There have been several patients that come to mind… although Octomom is definitely up there, too.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying off realtor/mortgage balance, starting on my student loans, wedding deposits.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
AG coming home for “Mid-leave” break in October.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
“Use Somebody” by Kings of Leon because they won’t quit playing it already!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I think I am happier than I was last December, as by this time, AG had just left. Overall, it’s definitely been a bummer compared to 2008.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter.
c) richer or poorer? Richer, in terms of less total debt.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Working out, spending time with friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting around, watching TV, complaining.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were spent at work. I celebrated Christmas with my family back in Arizona earlier in December.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Nope. I was already in love, although 2009 has definitely reassured me of the strength of our relationship, and that I have a great future to look forward to.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I think the best new show that I started watching is "Castle", although I continue to hang onto Gray’s in spite of its silliness.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t think that I have the energy to hate anyone, although I do have a new batch of frequent flyers at work that exasperate me.
24. What was the best book you read?
Currently reading “Peace Like a River” by Leif Enger and am loving it.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Can’t think of any new artists that I really like… maybe this means I’m getting old?
26. What did you want and get?
AG kept safe and sound.
27. What did you want and not get?
AG home for Christmas.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Missed a lot of movies that I would have liked to have seen, but I think “X-Men:Wolverine” and “Julie & Julia” were two of the best that I can recall.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 this year, and I think I went out for dinner and drinks with friends, although I can’t remember exactly.
30. What’s the one thing that made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
2009 has probably been one of my least favorites… it sounds bad, but I’m going to say the knowledge that 2010 will be better.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Ponytail and scrubs, alternating with jeans and t-shirts.
32. What kept you sane?
My friends and family are really supportive.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
President Obama. You can say what you want about the guy, but at least he is making congress work.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I would have to say one of my co-workers is really supportive and helpful.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Um, real estate is not a safe investment.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I feel it’s gonna rain like this for days
So let it rain down and wash everything away
I hope that tomorrow the sun will shine
With every tomorrow comes another life
I feel it’s gonna rain for days and days, I feel it’s gonna rain.