Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gracias

It is that time of year again. As always, there is a lot to be thankful for. I think that it is important to remind myself of that from time to time.

-I am thankful that the boards are over. I think that I did ok, but am mainly just happy to put a checkbox by that bundle of stress.

-I have a wonderfully thoughtful and supportive fiance, who won't be home until after the holidays, but as of now, he is safe and warm.

-My friends are wonderful and in good health.

-My family is doing well. Although one uncle has cancer, it's operable, and 3 aunts and uncles continue to be in remission.

-I have a job that is secure, and challenges me daily to be a better person and a smarter physician.

-The basics: food and shelter are secure. And then there are bonus items like a functioning vehicle, cable TV, internet access, and books to read.

So despite my mutterings and occasional grumblings, I really don't have much to complain about. Overall, I am pretty blessed. And that is the attitude that I need to arm myself with on a daily basis. I am working the next couple of overnight shifts, and it is sure to be a Turkey-fest in more ways than one!

No comments: