Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sort of a Day Off

I had today off, but it wasn't very relaxing. My realtor met with me and did a walk-through of the house. I have a few more things to finish up and then a lot of de-cluttering to do. My plan is similar to what I do when my parents come to visit. I just throw a bunch of crap in boxes and shove it in the attic. I'll post some before/after pictures soon.


It snowed again today. Just a little bit of flurries, but it made me glad that the other day when we had "unusually warm weather" I slapped a fresh coat of paint on the deck outside to cover up all of the peeling spots. I would have liked my realtor to have been a little more optimistic today, but I guess I'll just have to see how it goes. I still think the house will show better in May when everything's green and blooming, but I would like to at least get people looking at it now.


Last night's shift was really busy. I typically average around two patients an hour, but I was at almost three per hour, and that was even with precepting an intern, which slows me up a little. I got so backlogged on dictations that I was there two hours past my shift discharging patients, slapping together splints, and stabbing at pockets of pus in the hallway and I still had to go in for an hour of catch-up work today.


The rest of the time was spent running errands... picking up empty boxes, grocery shopping, buying a shop vac to vacuum up all the cobwebs and spiders that have been breeding in the basement the past 3 years, etc.


Next week I head off on my "international medicine" rotation. Two weeks of sun, and working with limited resources. It sounds like fun... especially the nearby beach and hiking part. I can hardly wait. I'm really looking forward to lounging and reading a book in the sun.

No comments: