Tuesday, December 09, 2008

New Vocabulary

Well, it's official: AG and I are engaged. We exchanged Christmas gifts early as he is leaving for Afghanistan later this week. I thought we were done when he suddenly pulled a ring box out of his pocket, dropped to one knee, and asked me to marry him.

Of course I said, "Yes!"

We have talked a lot about the future over the past few months, and although we had talked about marriage, I didn't think that he was going to propose before he left because there's been just too much other stuff going on. Being a traditionalist, he made what must have been a very anxiety-provoking phone call to my father to ask for his permission.

Now I just have to get used to saying the word fiance.

3 comments:

Chris said...

That is great, congratulations! We are so happy for the two of you. Did you cry? Or more importantly, when AG called your dad, did AG cry? ;)

~~Silk said...

Congratulations to AG, and best wishes to you.

(Chris' comment is cute.)

Ruthie said...

LOL at Chris's comment.

I am so excited for you! So, still want to shop for your dress in Wisconsin? It's halfway . . .